Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, August 1, 2020

STFAH: August 1, 2020

Today started off cloudy and super chilly so I wrapped up in my blanket and sat out on the porch and did one of my antiracism chapters. Then I came back inside and paid bills and finished working on my ballot. I felt very accomplished. I also watched a few youtube videos that I bookmarked a while ago but never had time to watch. When my sister got up, we put together the two new shelves we got, which finish out the last of our furniture. We also emptied out the last of the boxes and organized everything in the living room. She emptied out a few more boxes from her room and everything is finally coming together!

We watched a couple movies from our summer movie list today and I worked on finding recipes for my Christmas blog project until it was time for us to leave.

We actually had plans today! We went to our parents' house, with our own food for dinner, and some stuff to drop off, and my cousin and her family came over and we all sat 6 feet apart from each other, while wearing masks, and got caught up from when the pandemic started, and played some trivia games until it got too late and dark. It was really nice and I really loved being able to be around family again. To actually have something to do again! We'll probably give it two weeks to make sure we all remain symptom-free, and then from there, see about doing it again sometime.

While we were there, we had my dad put some Disney artwork I'd collected over the years back when I pre-ordered Disney movies coming out of the Vault. They always had a deal for a free picture with the dvd, and I couldn't pass it up. Well, now they're framed, and tomorrow we're going to work on putting up artwork. Once that's done, and I've vacuumed, I will finally be ready to take pictures of this place and start sharing them with everybody!

We bought a loaf of Safeway bread to go with our dinner tonight and have half of it left, so our pancake brunch tomorrow is going to become a French toast brunch, instead. It should be delish! Hopefully more movies from our summer movie list tomorrow too. It's always so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment