Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, August 9, 2020

STFAH: 8/9/2020

Today was definitely a lazy day. I did a few chores, the by-hand dishes, taking out the garbage/compost/recycling, and I watered the plants. I did not do laundry, and hopefully tomorrow the maintenance person will figure out what's going on with our washing machine and maybe even resolve the issue so I can do laundry again!

Most of the day was spent watching movies. In spite of not doing a whole lot, I'm pretty tired already. My leg is still stiff and sore, but not like it was, even yesterday morning. I'm going to the office tomorrow and probably Tuesday, like the last few weeks, and I'll try to leave early to give myself more time to walk slowly to the bus stop. It's definitely important not to walk too fast right now!

I think I cut the side of my tongue on the madacamia nut brittle I got yesterday, because it's hurt to eat and drink all day long! I'm hoping it gets better soon.

My coworker is back from vacation, but the plan is to have her quarantine at home for two weeks while I continue to come into the office. She might take over some of the stuff I usually do as she works remotely to give me more time to work on the office work, which would be nice. Then, in a couple weeks, we'll probably go back to the way it was before, where we go to the office together and get through the office stuff faster so we don't have to work multiple full days there like I'm currently doing. I wouldn't complain about that! But it's been going ok, doing the lion's share by myself. It's good to know that I'm capable of handling it all.

Currently watching Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. I know a lot of people hate this one, but it's always been my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment