Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, August 12, 2020

STFAH: 8/12/2020

Today there was so much work in the in-box it was a solid 3.5 hours before I could stop for breakfast. It's getting out of hand! I spoke with my boss this morning and we decided we have to readjust again. Working from home the majority of the time and coming in a couple days to catch up works ok when you're down to a quarter of the work you normally have, but we're back to normal and down an employee, so it's not longer practical. I volunteered to come back to the office every day, and resume my schedule, and he took me up on the offer. My coworker prefers to work at home and also lives in West Seattle so it makes sense for her to come in less. On Mondays and Tuesdays, the plan is to have me work in the back exclusively so we can keep everything under control and have her take over my job those two days. The rest of the week we'll probably continue to share the work. I'm supposed to reach out and share the work, which is still very strange to me. It's so ingrained in me from the past to never need help and to do too much, so having people who want to help and are willing to share the work is very unnatural to me.

Starting next week, I'll go back to the office. There are a few of the restaurants reopening in a different capacity than before, but I might try to eat out once a week to support them during this time. I'll go back to my hour long lunch break so I can go out and support the Pike Place Market more easily too. I'm looking forward to the sense of normalcy again. I'm apprehensive, of course, about doing the bus more, but people are wearing masks more than they were when I started back a couple months ago. When Metro starts charging people again, I'll probably go ahead and start buying a monthly bus pass again. If I use the bus every day, it's cheaper to get a monthly pass than to just put cash on it.

I just bought a new chair for my bedroom to give myself a bit of a library. It'll show up in a few weeks and I'll rearrange some of the stuff in my room to put in where I'm planning to put it. I'm really excited about having this space and I can't wait to use that part of my room to just sit and relax and read.

In spite of the busy day, I still managed to catch up with the dishes in the sink, and did a chapter in my antiracism book. My leg is a lot better today, probably because I wasn't on it that much, and I did not do the treadmill. I also made dinner tonight which turned out to be quite delicious. You can't go wrong with bbq chicken!

Back to the office tomorrow. Probably another full day of making up for today's absurd amount of work and whatever else shows up throughout the day

No comments:

Post a Comment