Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Monday, August 24, 2020

8/24/2020

It was definitely a busier Monday at the office this week. I ended up staying till 4 before being done for the day and leaving. There's going to be a lot to do tomorrow, as well. Our boss goes on vacation starting tomorrow for two weeks so I'm guessing I'll be straddling both jobs again for a while. I don't mind. I like being busy and working at the office is easier than using the laptop at home.

Tonight's dinner was tacos, which turned out delicious, as usual! I've spent the rest of the evening drying my first batch of oregano. It smells absolutely terrible when it's drying up until it gets done and then it smells really nice, like traditional oregano in a jar. I stemmed it and put it into ziplock bags. I think I might take it with me if our family gets together on Saturday and give some to them. I think my plants are going to keep growing, so I'll have more to come.

We started rewatching Punky Brewster on Peacock streaming and it's just as delightful as ever. If anybody needs a huge dose of positivity right now, this is the show for them.

My foot started hurting more overnight and there's a little bit of redness, but no swelling. I took some ibuprofen this morning and it really seemed to help. I am icing it now, and hopefully that'll keep any swelling down.

Very tired, hopefully I'll get a good night's sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment