Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, August 15, 2020

STFAH: 8/15/2020

Today was a movie day for the first part of the day. We watched A Very Brady Sequel, Julie and Julia, in honor of Julia Child's birthday today, and most of the movie Chef. The second part of the day was a family gathering in my parents' backyard and we had to stop the movie before it finished to get there on time. We'll finish it out tomorrow.

I also did two loads of laundry today and got the sink and by-hand dishes washed. It's supposed to be super hot tomorrow so I wanted to get the most heat-inducing chores done today. I still have a couple loads of laundry to do tomorrow, but that shouldn't be too bad.

Family time tonight was great, as always. My sister and I picked up Dairy Queen so that I could finally try the frosted animal cookie Blizzard. OMG, it is fantastic!! Highly recommend it while they still have that flavor. They said it was one of their summer flavors, so it might not be around much longer. Chicken strip baskets for dinner. Always a good meal. We talked and got caught up, and then played trivia. Trivia questions seem to work out really well for social distancing and not needing to touch anything, so I think we're going to stick with it.

We have all the fans going tonight in hopes of sucking in as much cool air tonight as we can before we have to shut all the windows and shades tomorrow. It's supposed to be almost 100 degrees, so it's definitely going to be a day to take it easy! Definitely not an oven-friendly day!!

I've also been thinking about the title of this blog series, which has changed a bit from when I was staying at home exclusively, to then returning to the office sporadically. Because I'm going to start going into the office very day, even if it's not a full day there, I think the best thing will be to drop the title, and just use a date only. It's really all that matters, in the long run. I'll start that on Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment