Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, August 5, 2020

STFAH: 8/5/2020

Today was a busy work day in sections. Enough stuff came in that I'll be going into the office tomorrow to stay on top of it all. In between work, I did a chapter of my antiracism book, cleaned my bedroom, gathered and took out the garbage/recycle/compost, vacuumed and swept the apartment, hung up some of the pictures, cleaned up the den, and organized my sister's pantry cupboard. I also cooked some grains for salads, ground some flax for my oatmeal, thawed some chicken to marinate, and made a grilled cheese and ham sandwich for my lunch. I also picked up a couple items that my mom dropped off, as well.

After work, I hung up some more pictures and walked on the treadmill. It was so humid today, miserable humid, and I see now that I actually did a lot today, maybe too much, which is probably why I'm not feeling so great right now. I'm drinking lots of water, but I had to change my dinner plans to make it a little easier on my stomach. Hopefully I'll be ok by morning because I have a lot to do at work tomorrow!

The chicken was marinated in Greek seasoning, salt, pepper, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, and olive oil and I fried it up with some olives, chopped tomatoes, and oregano from the planters on my porch. I cooked up some spaghetti and mixed it all together. It was quite delish, actually!

I heard it's supposed to cool off a bit tomorrow and even rain a little, which is probably why it's so humid today. I won't mind cooler weather! Sloppy joes tomorrow for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment