Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Monday, August 31, 2020

8/31/2020

It's 8:15pm on the last day of August and it's nearly dark out and I'm wrapped in a blanket, and wearing slippers cuz my feet are cold. It's supposed to get hot again during the day for the next couple weeks, at least, but for now it feels like autumn is definitely on the way. The leaves have started changing, and have been for the last couple weeks now. I do like when it cools down a bit. 

I stayed at work till 4 today, there was enough stuff to do that it just made sense. My coworker is coming in tomorrow cuz there's some stuff we need to go over that's easier to do in person than trying to explain it in an email or over the phone. Not sure what she needs to go over, but I made a small list of stuff to go over. My boss is still on vacation for at least another week. And I found out for sure that we definitely have Labor Day off and now I'm really looking forward to a three day weekend this coming weekend!

Last night, I started brainstorming about one of my characters from my book. I'm going to change his ethnicity which means a lot of research, but it's going to make the story much richer in the long run. I don't have a lot of mental energy for my book, but I'm hoping that these little spurts of interest mean that I might be able to get back into writing. This pandemic has definitely taken a toll on my writing and creativity. 

Leftover teriyaki chicken and rice for dinner, and Punky Brewster tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment