Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Friday, August 21, 2020

8/21/2020

OMG, today was a day!! I worked from home, and of course, as predicted, the light week turned into a bonkers Friday, where we pretty much got a week's worth of stuff in a day. It was nuts. And the one day I had to watch The Golden Girls, something happened to my tv and there was no cable! I had to call the cable company and do the automatic restart, which worked, but by the time I had done that, Golden Girls was over. Sigh...! I barely had time to have my leftover Panda Express for lunch and rinsed and stacked the dishes. I was super busy till about 2:45pm when I was able to log into the front desk and start helping with that. It sure made the day go fast, though!

The weather was also bonkers. It was windy and rainy, but like really windy. Things were being blown off of shelves in my bedroom and even out by my bathroom, and I had to lug in some of the stuff off the porch!

After I logged off for the day, we went out and did our grocery shopping for the next two weeks. We occasionally have stuff we need to buy between the two weeks, but we're still trying to go every other week to the store during the pandemic. We bought a roast chicken and a box of stuffing and some rolls and made a chicken dinner that was quite delish! Leftovers tomorrow, of course.

Tonight, I purchased an ElfQuest mask that'll come in about a month's time. I'm pretty excited. It has a drawing of Cutter wearing a mask on it!

Tomorrow's plans include a trip to some bakery somewhere, and stopping at Central Market for some bulk things I can't get anywhere else. Then movies and Bug Juice for the rest of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment