Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, August 8, 2020

STFAH: 8/8/2020

Well, today we didn't actually stay at home, even though it's the weekend. We started our day off with a drive to Issaquah and a Burger King breakfast, eaten in the car. Then we drove to Boehme's Candy store and stocked up on some goodies. We didn't find a bakery around there so we drove back and stopped at Top Pot to pick some doughnuts up on the way back home.

It was too early for lunch, so we watched a couple episodes of Hey Dude before heading back out and doing our grocery shopping for the next couple weeks. Then we picked up pizzas from Papa Murphy's for a late lunch. I can't believe it's August and I am using the oven, but it was rainy and cold this morning. I wore my sweater out!

My knee is still sore, but it seems to have taken a turn for the better and has reduced the pain and stiffness of the last couple days. I thought all along it felt different then the other time I wrecked my knee. Hopefully it's on the mend and will clear up sooner than the month it took the other times I wrecked my knee to recover. I still have to take it very carefully and it's still stiff and sore, just maybe a quarter of what it was the other time, so that's good.

Our washing machine dripped again, quite a bit, and now the maintenance guy is going to come on Monday to check it out. It's strange because it's not happening every time we use it. Of course it was my sister's laundry, and not mine, and now I'm worried about doing mine tomorrow, which is my usual laundry day. Maybe I'll put it off till after the maintenance guy can check it out. It probably wouldn't do to have it spill all over the place unnecessarily. If it takes a bit to fix it or replace it, hopefully they'll let us use one of the unoccupied units' machines. Or I can just wear jeans to work on office days, I guess.

We watched some more movies from our summer movie list today, and even took a bit of a break because we both got so tired we needed a bit of a nap. I got an 8 hour night's sleep and it's not like we did a lot today. I have no idea why I got so exhausted, but I am sure I'll sleep pretty well tonight...!

No comments:

Post a Comment