Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, August 25, 2020

8/25/2020

Another full day at the office. Not a stressful day, so that was nice. I got a lot of stuff done and have stuff to do tomorrow too. I've come to really enjoy listening to music on the speakers in the office. It really helps pass the time, especially when I'm generally alone in the office most of the time. One of my other cowokers was in the office today though, so that was nice to have her to talk to once in a while. My boss is on vacation so I definitely spent more time straddling the two jobs. It worked out pretty well and I think it'll keep going on for the next couple weeks.

My foot is pretty sore right now. I still can't tell if it's a break or a sprain. Sprains would be fitting with my life. My foot is fully functional, but sore. It gets a bit red now and again but there is no swelling. From what I read, most of the pain and the symptoms are the same, so it's hard to say. I could go to the doctor, but I know there's not much they could do about it besides tell me to not walk on it as much as possible, which is what I'm already doing.

We had some leftover chicken from our roast chicken this weekend so when I got home from work today, I made chicken salad for work lunches the next couple days. I put a bunch of spices in it and some slivered almonds and green onions in it. I put a pinch of curry powder in it and it's amazing! I've been eating tv dinners when I go to work but now that it's pretty much guaranteed that I'll be staying full days now, I'd be better off with actual lunches like I used to take to the office.

Leftover tacos for dinner, and now an evening of Punky Brewster!

No comments:

Post a Comment