Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, August 23, 2020

8/23/2020

Today started off as a very productive day. I did all my chores before it got too hot, and cleaned up the place enough to take pictures of the apartment so I could share them with my friend from New York. She enjoyed getting a virtual tour! I also harvested the oregano and rinsed it off. Tomorrow when it has a chance to try thoroughly, I'll dry it in the oven. What I read said it should only take about 15 minutes in a very low temperature oven. 

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday: I reserved a time at the zoo next month for my sister and I to finally go for the first time since the beginning of the year. I cannot wait! I have missed it so much and we like to go when the weather is cooler because the animals are more animated then. And it usually cuts down on other visitors.

The rest of my day was spent watching Bug Juice and copying out recipes again. It was actually a really pleasant day. I had half of one of the most delicious peaches I've had in years! I'll have the other half tomorrow, probably.

By dinner, I just didn't have the energy to cook the tacos we were planning on, so we ran out and got Wendy's. 

Today is the birthday of my cousin who passed away a few years ago. Seeing the reminder on Facebook when I logged on this morning hurt. It always hurts. It sticks with you all day, that needling reminder that he's not here anymore, and I miss him, like I will always miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment