Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Thursday, August 13, 2020

Today I Went to Work: 8/13/2020

Things went a little smoother today but I was still very busy the entire day. I almost finished everything but at the end of the day, stuff started to go wrong and since my coworker's coming in tomorrow, I decided I'd come in too so she can help walk me through it all. I also had some mistakes pointed out to me which is always very difficult for me and my leo ego to handle. I think it's also good that I'm coming back to the office because most of the issues will sort themselves out when I'm no longer working remotely. Sometimes it's fun to work from home, but ultimately, I do better working in an office setting. I like having my work be in one place and my home in another place. I've always thought this would be the case, and it turns out to be accurate! It'll be nice for snow days or Christmas Eve or the day before Thanksgiving, or whatever, but for the most part, the office is best for me.

My hedgehog door stop arrived today and it is super cute! Hopefully it'll work because I've been using my jewelry box till now and I'd like to not have to move it every day.

My family is getting together again at my parents' house this weekend, and I'm looking forward to it! We all sit 6 feet apart, with masks on, so it's very safe. My dad bought a new fire pit thing that should be warmer this time. It does get cold in the dark and they have mosquitoes and bats that fly around, so I definitely need to take a blanket too to wrap up in cuz I'm definitely not in favor of either of those things. My sister and I are going to get stuff from the teriyaki shop down the street that we really like, so it should be fun.

Leftovers from last night for dinner tonight. Not sure what the plan is yet for tomorrow night, but it will be from some type of restaurant. To go, of course. This is probably a good sign, but I'm pretty ready for the weekend...!

No comments:

Post a Comment