Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, August 16, 2020

STFAH: 8/16/2020

Today was the hot day. We managed it pretty well, except now a thick set of clouds has rolled in, which means the heat is trapped and likely to be sweltering through the night. I hope I'll manage to get some sleep tonight cuz I have to go to work tomorrow!

I did get some chores done today too, before it got too hot. I did that last two loads of laundry and folded it and put it away. I kept the sink under control in the kitchen. I swept the hardwood floors and took out the compost/garbage/recycling.

The biggest adventure for me today was going to Taco del Mar to pick up lunch. For the most part, today was a movie day. We watched the rest of Chef, then the second POTC movie, and I was finally willing to try the remake of The Parent Trap. It's ok, but it doesn't hold a candle to the original. Then I watched the Agents of SHIELD series finale, sigh...And now I'm watching the Chef commentary. It's such a great movie. If you're into food movies, this is probably one of the best out there. I highly recommend it.

It's supposed to be cooler tomorrow but still cloudy off and on all week. I just hope it's not humid. I can handle heat, but I can't handle humidity...!

No comments:

Post a Comment