Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Friday, August 28, 2020

8/28/2020

Today was a pretty good day, for the most part. I worked from home and it was pretty steady for the most part, but it did slow down in the afternoon. It was a lot less stressful than last week, which was nice. I was able to watch The Golden Girls, and then did a lot of episodes of Dear White People, and a couple episodes of the new Charmed on Netflix. I didn't do a lot of chores in the slower times. It's actually still pretty clean around here, for once! I did put the clean dishes away and caught up the dirty dishes in the sink, though.

I found out this afternoon from my dad that the chair I ordered on Wayfair was cancelled without any notice from them. He just logged in randomly to see if there were any updates and saw it had been cancelled. Now I'm back to square one with finding a reading chair for my bedroom. I'm really bummed because it's not really easy to get to places that sell reading chairs in a pandemic...I was really looking forward to reading in my room when the weather got cooler...

Pizza for dinner tonight. Always a fun Friday treat!

The sad news is that Chadwick Boseman passed away today. I had seen pictures of him recently and he didn't look healthy, but didn't know what the issue was. He'd battled colon cancer for four years, while filming all the Marvel movies he was in. I'm devastated. 43 years old is too young to die...

No comments:

Post a Comment