Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, August 26, 2020

8/26/2020

I started the day at the office and there wasn't a lot of new jobs to work on, but there was some stuff to do that's more "once in a while" tasks that I focused on. By noon, though, everything was caught up so I came home and finished the day out remotely. That way I was also able to help cover the front desk so my coworker who is covering for my boss could have some time to breathe. I'm going back in tomorrow, as usual, and we'll see how long I need to be there, but we already decided that like last Friday, I'll work from home and she'll go into the office if anything needs to be taken care of.

Once I logged out of work for the day, I sat out on the porch and read for about an hour. It was lovely! The plants needed a good watering so I did that first. While I was out there reading, I kept thinking how it would be nice to have a cat around the apartment. I don't know that I'm ready emotionally yet, but it does seem like maybe I'll get there one day.

Dinner was bratwurst patties cooked up like hamburgers. My sister didn't like it, but I thought it was great. Now I'm researching fabric for our den to make a "door". We're thinking 4 kinds, one for each season. It should be nice when it's all set up.

The Office, Parks and Rec, and now Punky Brewster to finish out the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment