Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, August 29, 2020

8/29/2020

Lazy Saturday today. We had a few things we needed at the store, in spite of having done our grocery shopping last week, so our day started at the store. Then it was just lounging around watching movies till it was time to go to our parent's house to meet up with family again.

We picked up teriyaki on the way and sat around outside like we've been doing. It was really cold tonight and the mosquitoes were really bad so I wrapped up in a blanket but I'm sure I still got a few bites. We'll see what develops tomorrow.

On a positive note, my foot is doing better. No more pain, really. I still need to take it easy for another week or so before I consider starting to walk on it again more than just absolutely necessary walking. I hear it's supposed to be hot this week, so it's probably a good week to take it easy. But eventually, it's going to start cooling down and it'll be better for walking again. I might do outside walking until it gets too dark to go out safely. Then I'll switch to the treadmill.

We took home several pounds of potatoes that my mom got for free, so now I have to figure out what to do with them all. I might save some and make a potato salad, the one I developed after the SNL skit with Chadwick Boseman, next weekend for Labor Day weekend. I'll eat it in his honor...

No comments:

Post a Comment