Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Thursday, August 20, 2020

8/20/2020

I stayed busy at the office till about 1:30pm today before heading home to finish the day remotely. I didn't know until I was leaving that my coworker planned on swapping places with me tomorrow, so I will be working from home tomorrow unexpectedly! I definitely will be watching The Golden Girls in the morning!

On the way home, I stopped by Panda Express to pick up some lunch which I ate half of, with the intention of eating the other half tomorrow for lunch. It was quite tasty.

After logging off from work, I sat out on the lanai and did a chapter of my antiracism book, and then read a chapter of Roots. The temperature was perfect and there was a nice breeze. It's been humid today, but it is cooling down. The clouds are rolling in and a really ominous deep blue right now. I'm pretty sure it's going to rain tonight.

Dinner was a store-bought salad, toast, Cheetos, and a pickle. Dinner of champions. Not sure what tomorrow night's dinner will be. We plan on doing our grocery shopping after I log out of work tomorrow night so we won't have to do it over the weekend.

I've had a random fit of artistic inspiration for my book so I've been reading up a bit about the Roman Empire and how to connect more of my characters to other parts of the world. It's the first time in several months I've actively done anything for my book. I learned early on in this pandemic that I can't have goals for myself with it, it's just too much to handle. Moments like these are ones to take advantage of for as long as they last. I know Shakespeare wrote King Lear during an outbreak of Plague, but I'm not him, and he probably didn't work 40 hours from home and/or an office, so, you just do the best you can, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment