Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, August 18, 2020

8/18/2020

Another split day at work. Started off in the office, ended up at home. I'm going to keep doing that for at least this week and then we'll reassess to see if there are days I can work from home entirely with my coworker covering the transcript desk if I'm busy with production. It's been a really light week so far, so it's not truly indicative of how a typical week will go. But that's the thing, there isn't a "typical" when it comes to this job. You just have to take it as it comes. I'll be curious how it'll go when it's a busy week for transcripts, but I no longer have to deal with the letters element of production. That'll really cut down on the time it takes from start to finish, for a transcript.

One of the things I did this week that's new, is I set up some speakers in the back and brought in some cds to listen to at work. Today was Hamilton, and it was awesome! Except at the end when it got sad and I'm at work and crying cuz the ending is so touching. That was ridiculous! But I like having music. I'm going to stream Christmas music this year, that's for sure!

After work, I showered and we ran out to get some Taco Time for dinner since tonight is the end of my sister's 2 days off from work, her mini vacation. My leftovers from last night will be dinner tomorrow night instead. We have now started our annual summertime viewing of Bug Juice, which is always fun!

It's much cooler tonight. We have the fans going and the windows open and it's just lovely. I wish it would always be like this in the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment