Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Monday, August 17, 2020

8/17/2020

I really thought I'd be at the office all day, so you can imagine my shock when everything cleared out and I was able to leave at 2pm! I finished the day working remotely, but I just never thought I'd do that on a Monday! Having my coworker help definitely made a huge difference, but i think it was also a lighter day, in general. Each week and each day has it's own pattern, so who knows what tomorrow will bring, but I'll be back at the office for at least half the day.

Ironically, it got busy when I got home to work remotely! I logged into the front desk and did both for a while. It's kind of out of control right now. I'm wondering if other businesses aren't up and running right now, so we're getting more work than usual. I like being busy, though, so that's good.

After I logged out for the day, I showered and started watching the first night of the Democratic National Convention. I had not planned on it originally, but it was on the tv and I couldn't think of anything else to watch. It was really well done. The National Anthem and Michelle Obama's speech stood out to me as the highlights. My sister hates that kind of thing and she's back from her mini vacation tomorrow so I'm assuming tonight's the only night I'll catch of it.

It's a "clean out the fridge and freezer week" since it's so hot and I don't feel like doing too much actual cooking. Tonight was ham and roast potatoes and greenbeans, the last piece of my sourdough bread, toasted, and a pickle. Delish! Some candy and popcorn followed. Now that the convention is over for the night, I finally decided to start a Call the Midwife rewatch. It's such a good show...!

No comments:

Post a Comment