Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Today I Went to Work: 8/11/2020

My knee is still stiff and sore, but way less than it was yesterday. It was way less painful during the day. Hopefully it'll keep getting better. It made it easier to hobble around in the office to have a more functional leg again.

It was another full day at work, but I got through those letters that have been building up for three weeks now, so I feel very happy about that! We're all scrambling and struggling to keep everything under control. My boss mentioned at the end of the day that we need to discuss tomorrow the fact that our numbers are pretty much back to pre-pandemic levels, as far as jobs on the books, but we still have one less employee than pre-pandemic days. I'm not sure what the best course of action is, but I suspect that for some time to come, I will be heading back to the office more, if not daily. It makes sense, because when I work from home, I'm always playing catch up at the office. If I just stayed there, I could do a job from start to finish right there. It's more likely I'd get each day's worth completely done by the end of my day. That does have an appeal. And I'd probably go back to having a normal break and lunch schedule again, which I wouldn't mind. It was my lunch break that I used to write my book and that has screeched to a halt now that I don't have that time anymore. Even though working from home can be nice at times, I miss the structure of a normal work day. And there's only so much Hallmark channel I can watch during the day...! We'll see what we come up with. It should be interesting, whatever happens.

I was alone in the office, eating lunch at my desk today, and perusing the news, and saw that Biden has picked Kamala Harris as the VP and I almost screamed I was so excited! I'm very happy. I hope the happiness will last into November, and beyond!

It's clouding over tonight and while it was a bit humid on the way home, it's really nice right now. I'm wrapped up in my blanket, and watching Hey Dude. We're on the final season already. It's been a good watch. Chicken burger for dinner tonight. Oven baked bbq chicken tomorrow night since I'll be working from home and can get it ready in a more timely manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment