Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Friday, August 14, 2020

Today I Went to Work: 8/14/2020

It was another long day at the office, but it was a good one. We got a lot done. Not a lot of new stuff came in, so we focused on the piles and piles of transcripts that had built up over the last month when I would call to see if an office was open only to get no response. My manager came in today and looked around and told us to go ahead and just mail everything out. Downtown Seattle stuff we usually send by bike messenger, and we've been able to send out a few, but they got out of control again. We probably single-handedly saved the USPS today...!

We had a good talk today too about how work will go, going forward. I think it might end up being more of a combination of going into the office and working from home than I thought at first, which will be nice. I have more freedom to pick and choose my hours and break/lunch schedule than I thought, so I'll feel more able to control my life a bit more. That's very good during a pandemic when we feel like we have no control over anything!

Tonight was Azteca taquitos and flan for dinner, always delish! We ran out to Fred Meyer and Bartell's afterwards for a few items we need for the family gathering tomorrow night. Stuff like bug spray! And cream for after you get bug bites! We changed up our dinner plans for tomorrow so we can get Blizzards, so we'll be hitting up Dairy Queen, which is always tasty.

Tomorrow is Julia Child's birthday, so I will be doing my annual viewing of Julie and Julia in her honor. One of my favorite movies of all time!

No comments:

Post a Comment