Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, August 2, 2020

STFAH: 8/2/2020

Today has been a very pleasant day. Not too hot out, and I got a few chores done before it warmed up. I made us a French toast brunch and we watched White Water Summer. I did the by-hand dishes and we took out all the garbage and recycling when the movie ended. I started a load of laundry and then we watched Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead. After that, we went out to get gas and pick up sandwiches from Tub's Subs. I've only ever gotten the half sandwiches before. It turns out the whole ones are gigantic! I am taking the other half to work to eat for lunch.

Once we got back, I did an episode of classic Batman while walking on the treadmill. I have noticed that I tend to not sleep well Sunday nights because I usually sleep in Sunday morning and then I do nothing at all during the day, so I haven't used up any energy. I'm hoping this will help. Then I showered and started another load of laundry. We watched To Wong Food, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newman and I continued to work on my Christmas project. Now we're watching National Lampoon's Vacation. I have been waiting all summer for this movie!

I have recharged my ipod and my phone, so I should be all set to go to the office tomorrow. Each week is so unique, I can't gauge how it'll be. Slow? Busy? Medium? Only time will tell. I have a few things from Friday that I'll need to do, but other than that, it's just whatever shows up. But I'm not going to stress over it anymore. Work will get done when it gets done! Not sure what I'm going to do for dinners this week. It's hard to gauge it with the weather right now and when I don't know what days I'll be in the office or working from home. But I have a couple of potatoes I need to use up, and Swedish meatloaf in the freezer, so I'm thinking that'll be a couple meals.

We're still putting up pictures, but once they're ready, I will take pictures of the place to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment