Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, August 22, 2020

8/22/2020

Today was a nice day. It started with a trip to Mountlake Terrace to go to a bakery which had some pretty tasty stuff! I got an almond croissant and an almond pastry strip, and a creme-filled pastry I'm saving for tomorrow. Then we stopped at Central Market and the Safeway out on Aurora in Shoreline so I could get the rest of the items on my shopping list.

I did something to my foot today, big shocker, and the side of my right foot is in pain. I can still walk and fully function, but sometimes I get a little pressure building up in that side of my foot, kind of like when you need to crack your knuckles, and usually I stand up and just roll my foot onto that side and it kind of snaps the bone or ligament or whatever it is, and the pressure eases and it's fine again. I did this in the middle of the night last night, only this time the snap led to pain. I googled it, and it's possible the bone fractured, it's also possible that the ligament is just messed up, because if it had broken, they said it bleeds and causes bruising and swelling and there is none of that. I can pinpoint the pain, but that's it, no swelling, no bruising. I iced it when we got home and took some ibuprofen and it's not as bad anymore. Hopefully it'll just clear out in a day or two. There's always something going on with my legs!

We came home and settled in for an afternoon of watching Bug Juice and I copied out recipes from all the links I've bookmarked. We finally stopped and did some gardening stuff we've been putting off. Fred, my asparagus plant, has been potbound and not growing any new shoots for a long time and we bought potting soil for him but never took care of it. His last shoots finally died, but his roots are strong, so we trimmed them and repotted him in hopes that the roots will be revived and the nutrients in the new soil will stimulate him back to life. I really hope he comes back from this, because I've had him since middle school and will be very sad if he is truly dead. 

Tomorrow I will begin to harvest my oregano plants, which I just found out today are perennials. I will keep them inside or properly covered out on the lanai when it gets cold and hopefully next year I'll be able to grow more oregano! Since they'll be around for a while, I decided they need names. I've decided to name the flowering one Regina, and the non-flowering one, Reggie. 

Chores tomorrow and if I can clean this place up enough, it's finally time for me to take pictures of the apartment and share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment