Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Monday, August 3, 2020

Today I Went to Work: 8/3/2020

What a day! It was a total Monday! My workload was actually reasonable, and I might have gotten it all done, if it wasn't for a couple of surprises I didn't anticipate. There was a mistake with some of the exhibits I sent out last week and we had to sort it out, which involved doing some stuff on the Fed Ex website I didn't know how to do and had to reach out to my coworker to help me with. It got all sorted out, and then the main copier decided the toner box was full and needed to be switched. I don't know if you've ever tried to use the illustrations that pop up on the copier on how to do stuff, but they were less than helpful. Luckily, Youtube really does have everything and I found a video on how to do it. Then I had to run around looking for the boxes of toner containers to switch. I got it all done, till the last step of putting the two halves of the machine back together. They were connected, but noooooo, the machine said it wasn't. I tried it probably ten times. My coworker said to try it slowly but with conviction, so I did it one last time, and actually squeezed myself in front of it between the machine and the window and did it from the front instead of the side. It finally worked! All in all, I probably lost about 45 minutes between those two issues.

And then somebody needed exhibits that one of the other employees forgot to mail in so I had to get in contact with her to run them into the office. I got the mailing label and the exhibits and stayed a couple minutes late to get it done, but they really needed them, so I wanted to get them out asap. Needless to say, I'll be going into the office tomorrow too to finish everything!

I used my new Golden Girls mask at work today and it worked really well so I think I'm going to make that permanent. It's lightweight, doesn't fog up my glasses, and the straps don't hurt my ears.

I was so exhausted by the time I got home that I was just done for the day. It was humid today. Warm too, but it was the humidity that was the worst. It's cooling off now though. We have all the windows open and fans going.

I came home to a second cable bill in the mail when I had just mailed out my latest one. I was concerned so I called in to check to make sure I didn't have two accounts open, and it turns out it was because we moved in the middle of the month and it's all good. But I'm glad I called to check. The person on the other end was really nice.

Swedish meatloaf and a baked potato for dinner tonight. Maybe a repeat tomorrow. Not sure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment