Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Friday, July 31, 2020

STFAH: July 31, 2020

And so ends another month in this year, 2020. I worked from home today, and my sister had the day off. It wasn't a terribly busy day but I also had some busy work to go over that I spent a lot of the day on. I also watched Beyonce's Black is King, which is phenomenal! It's the kind of art that you feel honored to have had a chance to watch. It's so positive and glorious. I can't wait to watch it again!

After that, we watched a couple movies from our summertime movie list. Heavyweights, and then Mighty Ducks 2. After work, we headed out to Fred Meyer to get some stuff and then came back to order Red Robin for dinner. An episode of Hey Dude and now Meatballs, is rounding out the evening.

It's not as hot as it was the last few days, which is good. It's supposed to cool off a lot tonight and then not be as hot tomorrow. That should be nice for our social-distancing small family gathering tomorrow. I have missed getting together with my family that I am really excited about tomorrow. We bought stuff to make S'mores, which should be tasty and fun!

I think I'm going to spend the evening gathering recipes for my Christmas blog project. It's never too early to sort that stuff out!

No comments:

Post a Comment