Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Today I Went to Work: July 8, 2020

Another long day at work but not too stressful. Very productive. We're going to go in on Friday and then try to not come in again till Tuesday, which will work very well for my schedule as I just realized tonight that I get the keys to the new apartment in a week!! Then I have to move while working from home. I'm feeling a little stressed, but it'll be all over soon enough and will be worth it in the end.

I'm trying to be gentler on myself at work and accepting that I'm still learning how to do everything and will make mistakes. It will help with the stress overall.

I think if I have time tomorrow in between work stuff, I'll start packing. My sister talked to my parents and I guess they're going to come over and help us move while I'm working at home? Like, they're just gonna do it for us?? I'll help on my breaks and lunch and after and before work, but it'll be strange having them do my moving while I'm there working remotely...But it's also very generous of them. I think it also allows for better social distancing. They'll be working in other places in the apartment and then going upstairs to the empty place and we'll have all the windows everywhere open for good air flow. It'll work out, because we have no choice...!

No comments:

Post a Comment