Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Today I Went to Work: July 14, 2020

Well, it has been a day...that actually started last night. My parents were planning to come over tomorrow to help us get jump-started on the move, focusing on some of the heavier thing to go into our den, but we got word in the evening that my dad had to take my grandfather to the hospital for a fever. They had to give him a covid test, but it was always suspected to be something else as he's not been exposed. My parents were going to self-isolate until the test results came back, meaning they'd be out of the Wednesday helping and depending on if the results actually came in on time, they might miss Saturday since test results have the tendency to come back very late. But we heard this morning that my grandfather is responding well to tylenol and his fever is breaking, meaning it's definitely not coronavirus. So, my parents are back on to help us tomorrow after all!

But I didn't know that until I was on the way to work and texting with my dad. My day actually started at 4am when I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep, so I just fretted about how to start moving all by myself tomorrow. I did come up with the idea that I needed to procure a flatbed cart, which we had had to move out of the old apartment, and would at least triple what I could carry with just the dolly. And I was already going to get up at 6am to start working on the lease that the apartment manager assured me would be up and ready to go well before then. Spoiler alert: It was not.

Today was a good day at work, but a hectic and very stressful day of trying to communicate with the apartment manager about how the lease and payment was not getting done because we couldn't see any of it on their website. It turns out the upgrade has caused their system to glitch all week long and she said if nothing else we'd just push the move-in to Thursday which was unacceptable. Luckily, at the last second, she was able to get everything to work and now we have signed the lease and paid the money we were supposed to pay so that means that I should be able to get the new keys at 9am tomorrow. I will still be working remotely and going in to the office again on Friday, hopefully not for too long, but it should also give me plenty of time to help with the move.

It was a very stressful day, and things went from absolutely dire to back-to-the-plan by the end. And I am exhausted! I really hope I sleep ok tonight and that I'm in tip-top shape for the rest of this week and weekend to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment