Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, July 15, 2020

STFAH: July 15, 2020

The move started today. I got the keys and my parents and I started moving around 9:45am and we worked till about 4:30pm with a bit of a lunch break in the middle of the day. I ordered teriyaki from the place down the street and my mom and I walked over to pick it up while my dad kept moving stuff.

We moved a shockingly large amount of stuff today! My dad left partway through and got some more boxes and picked up the flatbed cart they ordered. It definitely helped us take up more than before each time. Pretty much all of my stuff is moved, except for stuff I need to use till Saturday when my parents come back to help us move the last of the stuff.

At the same time, I was working remotely and occasionally had to stop and work on stuff before joining my parents again. It was a pretty slow day, which was nice. We had some stuff came up and decided to swap coming into the office tomorrow and not Friday. The rest of my time moving will be concentrating on the kitchen, which is largely untouched. It should be better with the flatbed cart.

So much fits in the den! We're going to actually have space to live and move around in now! It was so worth all this trouble leading up to the move. I knew it would. It'll be nice to actually live up there too, starting on Saturday.

For some of the time, I stayed in the old place setting up boxes and the next set of stuff to go upstairs and my parents would take it up, or we'd cross paths along the way and switch keys. It actually helped us to social distance better, which is good right now!

I am exhausted and hopefully I'll sleep really well tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment