Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, July 19, 2020

STFAH: July 19, 2020

We are 100% moved in! Today I woke up for the first time in the new place. Thankfully I slept really well, but I'm still exhausted. We took it easy today with unpacking. I got the kitchen functional, and did two loads of laundry. We started setting up what we're calling our Disney shrine, which is something we wanted to do since we moved out of the Crown Hill apartment but there was no way we could do it in the downstairs place. It's exciting to finally have the space to work on it!

My parents came over again and my mom generously cleaned out the old place for us. She's the queen of house cleaning and has her methods that work for her and it's easier for her to do it on her own, so we just stayed out of her way. We still have a ways to go with unpacking our place, but we needed a lighter day, so we'll just keep working on it a bit each day till it's done. Then I will work on pictures to share!

We also drove out to my parents' house afterwards to pick up a couple shelves to bring back. One will probably end up in the den and one will become part of our Disney shrine. We picked up Heaven Sent chicken for lunch on the way back in.

We watched Princess Diaries 2 and some more of The Good Place this afternoon. Then we went out to Fred Meyer for a few more household items we need. After that was a stop at Panda Express for dinner, which we ate while watching The Good Place. Now we've settled in for the night with our Netflix shows. We're finishing out the season of The Great British Baking Show and won't be starting the next one as we have our annual summertime tv shows to start tomorrow.

I go into the office tomorrow, my first day solo, and I'm pretty nervous. Hopefully it'll all work out ok, without any major issues. We shall see...! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment