Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Thursday, July 23, 2020

STFAH: July 23, 2020

Another day working at home today. There was a good amount of work to do at the start of the day, and I didn't do any unpacking today. Today's big news was tuning in to watch the announcement of the hockey team. We have a name and a logo now!!

We are the Kraken! There are anchors on the arms of the jersey and the tops are the top of the Space Needle! I need to try to buy a hockey puck online soon. I am way more excited about this than I anticipated, but I have a home hockey team now!!!

I finally had time to do another chapter of Me and Antiracism. For some of it, I sat out on the lanai and read/wrote. It's really nice out there! I'll have to do it more.

After work, I went out for a walk, and my left foot is having some problems. I think my shoes aren't supporting me like they were before. They are a couple years old now, and even when I put inserts in them, it still didn't help. I think I need to start looking around for new shoes soon. Shoe shopping in a pandemic, fun fun fun!

I ordered a few more spices this evening from Market Spice. They're having a 15% off sale, so I'll be trying their bbq seasoning, taco seasoning, and an Ethiopian seasoning blend that sounded cool. I tried to redeem my friend's gift card, but I guess I have to download an app and it's a bit more complicated than I anticipated, so I need to wait for a time where my sister can help me. But I can't wait to try the pickles!!

Working in the office tomorrow. No idea how long I'll be there. Mostly exhibits to deal with, but I think mentally preparing for a full day there is best. I stress out less if I'm not thinking I could get home sooner if I just worked faster. Azteca for dinner tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment