Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Monday, July 13, 2020

STFAH: July 13, 2020

I worked from home today. It was busy to start with and then it tapered off so I worked on packing more of my apartment. I've basically run out of space to put stuff so we need to just start moving stuff and then the rest will flow pretty easily, I think. I talked with the apartment manager and we need to do a couple things tomorrow to get everything squared away, but she said we will be getting the keys on Wednesday, no matter what.

I go to the office tomorrow, but hopefully everything will work out time-wise to to get everything sorted out for the apartment. There's a little bit of everything to work on in the office. This is also the last week before my coworker goes on vacation for 2 weeks, so that's really helping my anxiety levels...!

After work ended today, I went out on my walk and the weather was perfection. I really love the street that the city closed off for walking. It's so pretty. It's nice when it's not too hot out. On super hot days, the treadmill will have to do!

My dear online friend from New York surprised me tonight with a gift card for a pickle shop that she and her family have supported for generations that I am really excited to try out! I'm going to order some after we finish moving so there will be less confusion about addresses. It was so nice of her to do this for me!

Taco dinner tonight and leftovers for tomorrow before we switch to takeout during the move. I'm going to fill/run the dishwasher tomorrow, then we switch to paper plates and plastic forks for a few days. I just wish this move was over...!

No comments:

Post a Comment