Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, July 18, 2020

STFAH: July 18, 2020

I am exhausted, but we are 99% moved in and have begun cleaning the old place. We just have the cleaning supplies to bring upstairs when we're done cleaning tomorrow. I unpacked a bunch of stuff too. My bedroom and bathroom are fully functional. I unpacked my cookbook shelf. The kitchen needs a lot of work still, but I hope to get going on that tomorrow. I'll also do my first laundry in the new place tomorrow.

I arranged online for the cable to get turned on upstairs today and most of it worked out ok. The internet switched over fine, but I had to call and have them do some stuff on their end to get the tv and phone to work. But the guy I walked to was super nice, so it was fine.

We ate out for all our meals today. Burger King breakfast, MOD Pizza lunch, and Gyro Hut dinner for me and Taco del Mar for my sister. The restaurants are right next door and I was gonna do TDM, but changed my mind at the last minute. We also stopped at Baskin Robbins where I got a milkshake. Tasty!

I took my first shower in the new place tonight and it was lovely! I changed my bedding after the mattress was moved upstairs, and hopefully I'll get a good night's sleep tonight! Watching the first Princess Diaries movie tonight and relaxing.

My parents have helped us so much with both of the moves, and they do so much for my grandparents that we wanted to do something fun and special for them, so we bought them a Roku and a year's subscription to Disney Plus so they can have fun with all the cool stuff to watch. They already got it set up and have started watching things already!

No comments:

Post a Comment