Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, July 29, 2020

STFAH: July 29, 2020

Today was actually a really nice day. I had some stuff to do for work for the start of the day. We're continuing to perfect the stuff we're now doing electronically since we're in the office much less than we used to be. I'm learning how to mark exhibits electronically and I figured out how to get the signature packets to work electronically today so we can get them to people immediately instead of waiting to use the printer/copier.

When it slowed down, I had time to do a chapter of my antiracism book and I sat out on the lanai reading and it was perfection. I noticed that our tomato plant has a flower on it now and 4 or 5 things that will become flowers. When it got too hot, I went back inside and started my annual viewing of Anne of Green Gables. I also had time for an episode of the new Charmed on Netflix when I was finished.

The afternoon went pretty well too. I logged into the front desk and helped out there too. When I logged off for the day, I used the treadmill for the first time in the new apartment. It's a great set up, and I have a fan on my back the whole time. It's definitely going to work well for hot days. The den is in the far back of the apartment and doesn't have any windows, so it stays a little cooler in the heat.

My spices that I ordered last week arrived from Market Spice. I do like supporting them. They're still not opened at the Pike Place Market yet, so I hope they're doing ok with their online business.

I go to the office tomorrow. I have enough to keep me busy for probably at least half the day. Depending on how long the read/sign takes, I may be able to leave early and finish the day working remotely from home. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to work from home on Friday. I'm supposed to meet up with my bff to socially distance chat for a while and then pick up food to take back to our respective homes. I haven't seen her since February, so it's well overdue to see her again!

Another good night's sleep would be lovely if I could manage it! I don't want to jinx myself, but so far it hasn't been too bad at night with the fans on. But the real test will be August...that's always the worst month of the year for heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment