Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Monday, July 6, 2020

Today I Went to Work: July 6, 2020

Today was a busy busy day at work, but also not too stressful cuz two of my coworkers were there and nobody needed immediate attention from me so I was able to just focus on actually getting work done. We ended up with so much mail to take out today! I'm getting a good amount of practice doing the job our former coworker did which is important since I'll be doing it all when my other coworker goes on vacation later this month and into the first part of August. I did find out though, more little miracles, that she's going just after I finish moving, so there will be that little bit of extra support at work while I straddle working from home and moving at the same time.

I stopped by the post office on the way home to pick up address change forms to turn in tomorrow to get the ball rolling on that. There are two major things I need to deal with next: cable company and Seattle City Light. I might try online updates first and see what I can do there and only call if I absolutely have to.

Meals until the move will be a little lackluster as we work on cleaning out cupboards and the freezer as much as possible. We got too much stuff at the start of the pandemic, not knowing what we might run out of, and now that we know stores are just fine, we don't need to keep it all.

Tired tonight...Gonna sleep well probably. Watched two more episodes of Baby-Sitters's Club, then a couple episodes of Nailed It, Now onto The Great British Baking Show, and probably finishing off the night with Highway to Heaven. I lead an exciting life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment