Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Friday, July 24, 2020

Today I Went to Work: July 24, 2020

I went into the office again and it was another marathon day. I didn't even finish everything. My boss said he'll try to log in over the weekend and try to get us caught up. We're down to three employees currently until the other one gets back from vacation, so we're all doing more than we typically do. It's certainly given me a chance to become more familiar with the other stuff that I don't normally do. We have some video stuff that came in towards the end of the day that I immediately put off till next week when I have more time to concentrate on it. I am thoroughly exhausted and definitely ready for the weekend.

Tonight's dinner was Azteca, delicious as always. They've finally brought desserts back onto their menu, and I enjoyed flan for the first time in forever and it was so good! I always have half of my dinner leftover, so that'll be dinner tomorrow too.

This weekend will include our parents stopping by tomorrow to see if my dad can get my wifi to work again. It stopped working a day and a half after we set it up. And there will be a stop at the bakery we discovered a couple neighborhoods over. And a trip to my cousin's house to drop off my MCU movies she wants to borrow. And grocery shopping. And in between all of that, the plan is to have a Hayley Mills movie marathon. We'll see how much we manage to watch! Oh, also continuing to unpack and organize the new place.

I'm not going to plan anything fancy for dinners next week. I think I might need to try going into the office each day in hopes of catching up and staying caught up till my coworker gets back. It'll probably get to the point where I don't have to be there all day and then finish the day working remotely from home, but I think being able to use the printer and get stuff worked on as it comes in rather than letting it build up is vital when you're working solo. This week taught me that. I feel so spoiled at feeling put out over having to come into the office every day during the work week...! I do try to limit my time on the bus during the pandemic, though, so it is something I will probably only do during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment