Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Monday, July 20, 2020

Today I Went to Work: July 20, 2020

What a day at the office!! I was there till just after 5pm and I still didn't get everything done. I have stuff in the in-box I never got to, and everything still has to get prepped for mailing or delivery. My boss jumped in and helped while I took a lunch break, but it was definitely out of control. He's coming in tomorrow and I said I'd come in too so I can finish up everything. It'll be the first time I have actually seen him in person since the middle of March! It's actually two moves ago because the last time I saw him in person was the week before I moved to this building and I ended up taking the whole week off to deal with it. What a strange thought! I haven't seen my boss in person for four months!

I was about 20 minutes late to work today cuz there was a bus stuck in the Northgate park and ride and nobody could get into it until they towed it out of the way. It was a pretty annoying start to the day! But there was a highlight: I saw 100% mask-wearing everywhere I was today. That was pretty cool!

We have started our annual viewing of Hey Dude tonight. This is the best time of year for it, when it's super hot out.

And we have just gotten word that there is a leak somewhere in our place that maintenance will have to take care of. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment