Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Today I Went to Work: July 28, 2020

It's my birthday!!! I went to the office for the first part of the day because I had too much leftover from yesterday to not come in. I was able to get everything caught up and I'll be able to work from home tomorrow. I'm going in Thursday because somebody is coming in to do a read/sign so I'll come in to handle that. There will be enough stuff built up again to keep me busy. If everything goes as planned, it means I might work from home Friday, in theory...

When I finished work, I walked to the Pike Place Market and bought some goodies from the Mee Sum Pastry stall, and then picked up a pulled pork sandwich and potato salad from the bbq place. That's the first time I've dared to go into the actual main market, but it wasn't busy and there was plenty of open windows so I didn't feel too concerned. It was a nice lunch, and I worked from home the rest of the day. I also bought a coconut roll, my favorite from the pastry stall, accompanied my dinner. I also bought an almond tart to eat for my birthday dessert.
It's puff pastry. A little dry. Tasty. I probably wouldn't get it again, but it's a nice light sweetness, which is good on on a hot night like this. I don't like super sweet things in hot weather.

I got some fun presents from my sister and parents. Candy and lots of activity books! I'll be set for keeping busy during this pandemic for some time to come!

The mask I ordered from Etsy arrived in the mail today. Once I finally got in the building because they changed the building keys after I left for work and was in the middle of dialing the manager's office when somebody came and let me in, I found the package in the mail! I had too much fun looking through these masks and picking out just the right one. But I chose this one because it's almost like a time capsule item. It'll always remind me of when this pandemic took place!
It fits in perfectly with my Golden Girls-themed bathroom. Hallmark channel has been airing Christmas in July all month which means The Golden Girls has been preempted this entire month, so I'm missing it! I can't wait to try this one out!

My parents have a big back yard, and have finally gotten comfortable enough with the idea of a socially-distanced small Friday Night Crew family gathering. Saturday night we'll try it out. Every safety measure will be taken, but it's just getting too lonely to not be around family anymore. Hopefully it'll work out well and we might do it more regularly.

Well, it's hot out, hopefully I'll be able to sleep well tonight. I slept better yesterday but I need to sleep well again tonight to get more on top of it again. The way I set up the fans in my room, it does seem to keep me pretty cool, or at least neutral temperature, which is good. I'm working from home tomorrow. We'll see how the heat is. It's most likely going to be too hot for an outdoor walk, unless I get up super early, but I might be able to use the treadmill, finally. We shall see!


No comments:

Post a Comment