Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Friday, July 3, 2020

STFAH: July 3, 2020

I woke up early this morning and was so congested I couldn't get back to sleep and I am sooo tired now! I boiled the potatoes and eggs for my potato salad for the weekend. We started the day with a trip to my parents' house to pick up boxes and the hand truck for the move. I feel like we just gave back the last of the boxes not too long ago and now we're taking them back again!

When we got back home, we watched the last two episodes of Stranger Things season 2 so we're all ready for our season three marathon tomorrow. I made my potato salad and we placed an order for Domino's which just sounded good today. We stopped by the pharmacy on the way so I could pick up my prescriptions, so I am set for some time to come now. Then we picked up lunch and brought it back home to eat while trying out the new Baby-Sitter's Club Netflix series with is absolutely delightful. I will be watching the rest of the series, for sure! It's been updated for today's world, but totally keeps the essence of the stories. It's great.

After we finished two episodes of that, we switched to our annual 4th of July-themed movies. Annie, The Music Man, and now, Camp Nowhere. Tomorrow is the marathon and depending on our timing, we might do Hamilton afterwards. If there's no time, we'll probably do that Sunday.

Potato salad with dinner tonight. Dinner was baked beans with Polish sausages cut up into them. An upgrade from beans and wieners. Strawberry lemonade to drink. Very summer timey foods for this weekend. From here on out, I'm going to focus on cleaning out the freezer before the move, so my meals over the next couple weeks won't be terribly exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment