Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Thursday, July 9, 2020

STFAH: July 9, 2020

Today was a working remotely day. It wasn't a very busy day, so I worked on packing in the slow times. It was a bit frustrating because my remote connection kept disconnecting and freezing the laptop, and it turns out it was doing the same thing to my boss too. My other coworker seemed to have no problem, so I ended up shutting down the remote connection and just focused on the front desk in the afternoon so she could log in and work on anything that came in to my desk. We're going into the office tomorrow, so we'll catch up with whatever else is there. It shouldn't be too much, hopefully.

So, yes, packing officially started today. It's hard to pack too much because there's no place for boxes so we're going to do what we can but a lot of it really will be "pack box, carry box upstairs, dump box out, take box back downstairs, repeat." I just won't know till it starts. But I did one other thing today for the move. I called the electricity company and switched over my address and the start/end dates for the addresses. That should be the last of the address change drama, which is good.

Today on my lunch break I took a walk outside. It's really humid right now but not super hot. It even sprinkled a little bit while I was out. I just needed to get out of the house for a bit. It was nice, because where I walk, it's the only place in the whole city that I've ever been where you can smell the pine trees and it smells like the woods! It was quiet and over half the time I was out, nobody else was around so I was able to take my mask off. It felt lovely and freeing. When I got back, I spent the rest of the break reading Roots.

I actually cooked dinner tonight. I used some pork chops out of the freezer and veggies from the fridge, a can of coconut milk, and a curry packet to make a stew. It was a bit spicy, but tasty. My sister enjoyed it too.

Since we finished The Baby Sitters's Club on Netflix last night, we started The Good Place tonight. It's a rewatch for me, and a first watch for my sister. She's enjoying it so far, so I think we'll add it to our nightly viewing. We're onto The Great British Baking Show now.

Almost the weekend...Almost there...!

No comments:

Post a Comment