Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Thursday, July 2, 2020

Today I Went to Work: July 2, 2020

I knew today was going to be hell day, and it was...! I logged into work for a couple hours this morning before heading out to my doctor appointment. The doctor wasn't too bad except I had to fast for my blood draw which is always problematic for me being a lifelong hypoglycemic. But I managed ok for the most part. I'm down 15lb. since last year, which is great, but the doctor was actually concerned because she says during a pandemic, typically people are gaining weight, not losing weight. I told her all about the stress and anxiety I've been experiencing this year and what I've been doing about it and she was satisfied that I have it under control, and that I am aware if it all, which is the most important thing. I also got a tetanus booster and a blood draw while I was there. And I got my annual medicine refills, which is nice. They won't be ready to pick up till tomorrow, but that's ok. I am a short walk from the pharmacy.

I went to work afterwards and was running around the whole time. The people came for the read/sign 20 minutes early and stayed till 5:45 finishing it all up. We close at 5...So yeah, I knew it was gonna be a rough day, but the pay off is a three day weekend! Worth it in the long run. I had so much going on I wasn't able to get it all done so I'm for sure going to the office on Monday to play catch up.

I did manage to eat a good lunch when I got there and it lasted me the rest of the day till I got off the bus to go home. There is a Panda Express next door to the Bartell's and they are now open to let people in and I needed food that was already made right then so I went in and got some. First time I've had it since we moved in March. It's not always my favorite but tonight it was the most delicious thing I've had in a long time!

I got home after 7 tonight!!! It was absurd! But I'm home now, showered, fed, and trying to drink some water which was sadly lacking from most of my day today. Relaxing this weekend...!

No comments:

Post a Comment