Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, July 25, 2020

STFAH: July 25, 2020

Though I didn't go to work, I did run errands. The day started with a trip to The Grateful Bread bakery in Wedgewood for delicious baked goods, including the sesame bagel that is soon to be my dinner after this is posted.

When we got back, our parents stopping by to drop off a couple things, to pick up some empty boxes, and to help me get my wifi up and running again, which it is currently. Hopefully it'll stay that way this time!! They highly approved of where we placed the lamp in the hallway and our Disney shrine. I still have more unpacking to do before I take pictures, but maybe we'll do some of that tomorrow.

Next was Fred Meyer for our shopping for the next two weeks. We went upstairs and explored the garden section and bought a tomato plant, a Greek oregano starter, and an Italian oregano starter at discounted prices, which was awesome! The accompanying planters and soil was also purchased. Then we stocked up on groceries except the few things I couldn't get there.

After that, we took my MCU movies over to my cousin's house so she can start a rewatch with her family. We're looking for a couple pieces of furniture and our Fred Meyer was no help. The one over by my cousin's was also no help, sadly. I think our search will have to turn online now.

A stop to Central Market for the last items on my shopping list was next, and then we picked up lunch and took it home to start our Hayley Mills Movie Marathon. We made it through The Moon-Spinners and Pollyanna today. A bit of a cheat, but Swiss Family Robinson, which doesn't have her, but her father, will be tomorrow. We'll end the weekend with The Parent Trap. My sister doesn't like Summer Magic, so I'll watch that on my own sometime.

I spent a good part of Pollyanna looking up news articles for my Pollyanna blog. I thought it was a good use of that time!

After the movie, I potted the news plants and made a huge mess on the lanai, but I'm hopeful that the plants will survive and thrive if I take good care of them. I purposely picked plants that will do well in a good amount of direct sun. And stuff I enjoy eating. Always important.

Watching the DCOM Jumping Ship now, and about to get my dinner! All in all, a very pleasant day!


No comments:

Post a Comment