Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Wednesday, July 22, 2020

STFAH: July 22, 2020

Today is the first time I worked remotely from the new apartment. It worked just fine. I had some busy spurts and helped with the front desk in the afternoon, but I also had a good amount of time to work on unpacking and rearranging the den and hallway. I made some really good headway and I'm very happy with how it turned out.

We still have a lot of boxes in the living room that need to be worked on. My sister and I probably need to work on them together, and I'd love to get it done by or on the weekend, if possible. Then it'll feel like we've truly moved in and can start to actually live here.

I rearranged some stuff from the den into my bedroom, and moved a lamp down to the hallway and it just works so perfectly there. I can't believe I didn't think to put it there sooner because it's like it was always meant to be there. Also took out a load of recycling to clear out the place some more.

Using the stove for the first time to heat some green beans. Exciting. Potato-sausage-sauerkraut roast in the little oven today.

I also did some online stuff that I've been needing to do. Nice to be catching up with all my stuff. Soon I'll hopefully be able to get back to editing my book.

Loving the cooler weather today! I took a warm shower after my walk outside after logging out of work. Wrapped in a blanket now. Love it! Working from home tomorrow too.

No comments:

Post a Comment