Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Monday, April 26, 2021

4/26/2021

Today was a pretty good day. It was bonkers in the morning, working from home. I also had to run downstairs to give my mom her share of the babka, and then later I had to run down to get one of my sister's packages in the office. Then in the afternoon, the maintenance guy came by to work on stuff and fixed the caulking in our tubs and got the ball rolling for us to get a new hot water heater since he said it's about 20 years old, which is well beyond its normal lifespan. It'll probably take a while though because I think one has to be ordered and then delivered. We had a bit of an afternoon rush with work too, but it was slow in between those two times.

I didn't have a lot of time to do much stuff in between all of the stuff from today, but I got a small amount of reading done and I did momentarily catch up the kitchen sink. I wiped down the stove and the hood, too. 

After logging out for the day I ran a couple of errands, including mailing a package to a friend in Philadelphia and picking up my prescription. My sister was setting up a new love seat that arrived today too, and after I got back, neither of us felt like cooking, so we ran out and grabbed take out. We're settled in for new tv tonight.

Today I avoided most social media and did take some time this evening to catch up on twitter. I removed a bunch of people from my lists to make it faster to get through. I can always seek out individual twitter pages if I want to. I think this will be a better balance for me, as I didn't really miss it that much during the day. I see now that it has been mostly filler and something to concentrate on during the pandemic. I think I can find a better balance now that I see I need it.

Another day at home tomorrow. Tired tonight, hopefully a good night's sleep is in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment