Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Thursday, April 22, 2021

04/22/2021

It wasn't a busy day at the office, but it was a full and steady day. I had plenty to do, which I love on office days. The phones weren't as bad as yesterday. My coworker was able to cover my lunch break and I took the full hour in one time so I was able to walk to the Pike Place Market to pick up some goodies for my sister and myself, including my dinner tonight. I discovered also on the way back in that one of the small restaurants in our building is open again and has been for a couple months now. They're Asian-owned, so I wanted to support them and bought lunch on my way back to the office.

I did busy work through the afternoon and was able to leave just a few minutes after closing time.

I switched my backpack back to the one on wheels so I no longer have to carry it. It's just too much for my body right now to carry that weight. It's too much strain on my chest and sets off my lung issues. Of course today I was also carrying a large bag of stuff from the Pike Place Market so I don't know that I didn't still have strain issues, but at least I wasn't wearing my backpack as well.

Dinner was a pulled pork bbq sandwich and potato salad and dessert was a raspberry bar. All from the Pike Place Market!

Finished season 6 of The West Wing tonight. News of a gas leak up the block and we're keeping track of it in case there's any evacuation issues to deal with. We're close enough that we'd be affected. Hopefully not, I slept badly last night and want to sleep well in my own bed tonight! Work from home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment