Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, April 3, 2021

04/03/2021

So, today was a big grocery shopping day and I think we may be overdoing it a bit because it's pretty much the only thing we get to do outside the house right now. I need to cut back on the amount of groceries I'm buying, and yes, I realize how everything I am writing right now is incredibly steeped in all sorts of privileges, and that is not lost on me. I guess it's retail therapy in its own way, just not exciting things, really. We got all the shopping done, which also included a stop at Joann Fabrics for some cloth to make a cover for one of our shelves. We also picked up and dropped off stuff at my parents' house. We picked up lunch on the way back home and ate while watching SPN. After that ended, we brought up the rest of the groceries and did our Saturday trip to the library. I had a cookbook waiting for me.

We've been watching SPN since we got home and I put away the groceries and started a load of laundry. I also took out a portion of ham to thaw for Easter dinner tomorrow and leftovers Monday. I made a batch of rice krispie treats for Easter dessert, and boiled two eggs to make a couple deviled eggs. Nothing super fancy, just the basics for Easter. We will probably watch more SPN and at least one more Marvel movie tomorrow, as well as our weekly Disney movie, which I believe should be Beauty and the Beast. I have one last baking recipe for my Baker's Dozen project. I bought the ingredients for it today. Oh, I also paid two bills online today.

 I started my day with an hour of reading in my room, which was nice. We should be home for tomorrow, though we might walk to Bartell's tomorrow, unless they're closed for Easter. Exciting weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment