Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Saturday, April 17, 2021

04/17/2021

Well, I have survived shot number one so far. My arm is sore and a bit stiff, but that's it so far. It was a gorgeous day, perfect for a day trip to Poulsbo. We were lucky to be on the outside of the ferry both ways, so I got some nice pictures.

The shot itself was easy, just like any other shot. We had stopped at a store first to use the restroom and we bought a pre-made sandwich, a small one, and split it since we hadn't had breakfast before going to get the injection. I was able to go earlier than my assigned time, so we were done a little sooner. We sat in the car after for a while to make sure I had no immediate reaction.

After we left, we drove to Sonic Burger since we don't have those here. The food itself is fine, nothing to write home about. It really is about the drinks. I got the cranberry limeade and it was amazing!! Instead of driving just to the ferry to leave, we drove through the tourist part of Poulsbo. It's so cute there but it was packed so we just drove through and took in the sights without getting out of the car.

We missed the first ferry when we got to the dock so we had an hour wait. I walked around and took pictures and then sat in the car and read. It was soooo hot! And I was sad to discover the candy shop that's been there pretty much my whole life, has closed since the last time I was there. 

We stopped by Central Market for a few things on our shopping list before heading home. My sister helped me flip my mattress and I stripped my bed down and switched out my bedding to my spring/summer bedding. It's much lighter weight, which is important because it's so hot now. It's so weird because just last weekend it was freezing and I had to have socks on my feet because they were so cold!!

We watched the latest Mighty Ducks episode before ordering Domino's for dinner and running out to get it. We ate, I took a nice cool shower, because I was covered in sweat and sunscreen and had been out and about too much not to shower. We're doing GBBO: Master Class to finish out the last season before it leaves Netflix.

Exhausting day, important day, hopefully will be followed with a restful night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment