Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, April 20, 2021

04/20/2021

It was a slow work day today. I did chores. A load of laundry, cleaned the bathroom sink and toilet. Did the by-hand dishes. Filled and ran the dishwasher. Swept all the hardwood floors. I tuned in for the Derek Chauvin verdict when they read it, and cried to hear the three guilty verdicts. 

Not an hour after his guilty verdict, another cop killed a young woman in Ohio. Will this ever end? I promised a twitter friend a local treat box so after logging out for the day, and since I didn't to march in protest, I went out and stopped at Grocery Outlet and Bartell's to buy some stuff. Then I hit up the post office on the way back in and got a box to put it all in. I'll mail it out in a few days after I make sure I have all I want to send.

It was tacos for dinner. I was able to prep the tomatoes and olives ahead of time, so that made it faster. They were delish, as usual. I had more of my blog dessert.

Office days for the next two days. I'm glad for tomorrow because it's the annual fire alarm testing in the building and would be too loud to be here. A year ago, I spent the day at my sister's work because I wasn't back to work yet. What a wild thought! My coworker gets her first Covid shot tomorrow. She's the last of us to get started on them, but we're only days apart, so we'll all be vaxxed in 5 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment