Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Tuesday, April 27, 2021

04/27/2021

Today was a strange work day. It was super slow, in the morning and had a little bit of flurry when I was eating lunch, but I ended up doing quite a bit of transcripts. It felt like nothing, though. I focused on cleaning the apartment after my sister had set up her new loveseat last night. I took three trips downstairs today to drop off garbage, recycling, and compost. I put away all the dvd cases and utilized some empty boxes to put stuff in that was just lying on the floor before. The living room looks amazing now! My sister came home and was shocked at how great it looks now.

I also sat on my verandah for a bit today and read. I finished a book, which is good. I also did the by-hand dishes, filled and ran the dishwasher. I finished The Witcher on Netflix and another episode of Shadow and Bone, and a few more episodes of Good Witch before the day ended. I also burned a Disney music cd from the library to my computer and listened to it. I miss Disneyland...

When I logged out at the end of the day, I prepared to go out for a bit of a walk and stopped when I heard the sound of a bagpipe coming out of the fire station. I stopped and listened for over 10 minutes while the piper practiced. Recorded it on my phone, though I don't know how to replay it, get it off the phone, or if it even recorded with sound. I heard it one other time but their doors were closed so you could only hear it when you walked by it, but this was loud enough for everybody to hear in a one block radius. It was really cool!

After that, I did my walk, dropped off the book with the little library around the corner, walked in a loop and ended at the real library to drop off the cd. I came home and make a pork chop dinner. We settled in for SPN season 1 commentaries and specials. Finishing the evening with an episode of JAG. Did a twitter catch up tonight and am thinking it's definitely a better balance for me to go in once a day rather than all day long. The next two days are office days so I will only have the evening to catch up anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment