Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Sunday, April 25, 2021

04/25/2021

The day started with more reading and then a trip to the grocery store. When we got home, we settled in for a SPN marathon, which included a Christmas episode, which was nice because it's the 25th of the month and we try to watch something Christmassy on the 25th of each month to celebrate being one month closer to Christmas.

I also ran two loads of laundry and discovered that sometimes we have brown water when it's running, probably because the hot water tank is being emptied and agitated. I sent out a maintenance request to have it checked out, because that's definitely not ideal. I also took out the recycling and will take out the rest tomorrow after work.

I made my blog meal for dinner tonight, but it was really bland. I decided that instead of taking time time to blog about recipes that don't work, I'm just going to save my time and not. I think that's a better way to do things from now on.

A good friend on twitter reached out to me tonight and bravely pointed out that she has noticed some changes in my behavior and thinks that I might be doing too much online. She suggested I take a social media break or at least cut back my time online, and it didn't take too much soul searching to see that she was right. I am worn thin. Work is hectic, the pandemic has me living online and online is a hellscape. Selfcare is important for all people, myself included, apparently. I am going to try to take an break for a bit and then come back with limited time each day. I want to really work on editing my book and that will require time. Sacrificing most of my social media time might do the trick. I need to realize that I can't solve all the world's problems, as much as I would like to. It's time to go outside more, practice my breathing, and sit and read in the sun. It's time for me.

Working from home tomorrow and Tuesday. My new pillow continues to do better than the other one. Hopefully that will continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment