Welcome to Silver and Shadow

"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." -L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

This is a blog I will be using for topics other than food. Politics, religion, spirituality, humor, green living, anything that I want to talk about that doesn't fall under the food/cooking category.



Monday, April 19, 2021

04/19/2021

Well, my first Monday working from home in quite a while. It wasn't too bad, though it wasn't as busy as a typical Monday. My coworker seemed to do fine going in and handling it while our boss it out of town for a couple weeks. We're going to keep with this schedule for a while, at least until I get my second shot, because I might be out of it a bit that weekend and into Monday, so that would be nice to work from home the first couple days that week.

While I worked, I tuned in for the closing arguments of the Derek Chauvin case. The jury has begun deliberating. I am hoping and praying for justice in this case, but we know how it often goes in this country for cops who kill Black people. I have new shoes and cardboard to write a sign if I have to get out there and march if it doesn't go well. I pray I won't need it.

I did two loads of laundry today too, and got the sink under control. After logging out for the day, I ran out and got my prescription, dropped off a book at the little library around the corner, and took out all the garbage, recycling, and compost.

It got a bit hot this afternoon and early evening but it's definitely cooling down. Clouds are rolling in. It's supposed to keep getting cooler as the week goes by and then be back in the 50's and raining this weekend. I'm really loving my new bedding, but if it cools down too much, I might have to pull out a blanket to put over it. That's not a big deal though.

New shows tonight. I had more of my blog dessert tonight but crumbled a couple macaroons on it and it was sooo good like that! Making popcorn later.

No comments:

Post a Comment